Sunday, January 25, 2015

Introduction

Welcome!

Hi there.  My name is Lillian Asterios.  It's a combination of my pen name and married name, however, in a couple weeks, it will be my legal name.  I'm 35 years old, mother of three, wife and co-author of the Books of Belshalara, a dark fantasy series that I write with my beautiful, wonderful husband, Meriweather Asterios.  I am also a traditional artist and graphic designer.  I love to bake, craft, and be loud and opinionated.

This is my intro post, so you, my reader, can get to know me a little better.  What can you expect to find on this blog?  Tutorials (book cover design, ebook formatting, crafts, cooking, make up and anything else I can think of, or that people ask me to do), advice on getting into the business of ghost writing and other freelance jobs, opinion pieces on cover design, marketing and other writing related issues, and some guides on various topics that happen to strike my fancy at the time.  

I'm a lady of various interests and values.  I am an active member of the LGBT community here in Tulsa, Oklahoma and an ally/supporter of transgender equality and rights.  My husband is FtM (female to male) transgender.  I'm happy to answer respectful questions, but please don't cross the line.  This is not a place of debate.  This isn't a democracy.  Please respect me and I will respect you. You're free to disagree, but I would rather you keep those opinions, especially those on my relationship and marriage, to yourself.  

I just want to start an unpretentious dialog on the craft of writing and design, and offer my help where I can.  We're all in this together, us independent authors and artists, and there are strength in numbers! Let's work together to make the community of indie authors a place of growth.

Thanks for stopping by!  This blog is fairly new.  I actually created it to post a tutorial on book cover design.  Please be patient while I write up new content. I will try to update this once-twice a week.


--Lillian


1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I now have to get used to knowing you as Lillian instead of Rachel. haha You did this in a hurry! You were just talking about it this morning, weren't you? I think it will help some of those who need it, even me. I have an associates in Graphic Design, though don't use it. Nor do I know enough to do what I really want to do. Even if I did, I will still need to know how to do it on Createspace, so thanks for doing this for us! D

    ReplyDelete